Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Power of Perspective

During my university days, I used to 'break in' to the roof of the science library which was the tallest building in the area. Perched atop, I peered down to the hustle and bustle below: students rushing to and fro, cars cruising purposefully along the tree lined avenues. From that vantage point, I often wondered where everyone was going; engrossed in their lives, the details. It was a place where I took 'time out'; pondering about the big picture.

At street level, we rush about our lives in the busyness of it all, all the doing. Sometimes I find it helpful to 'go up on the roof' and get the broader perspective of things, as the details aren't often as important, when you see things from afar, removed from it all. It is the power of perspective.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha~!!
Egghead!! ^^
I too have experienced this broader perspective - except from the airplane window~! The houses and cars look SO TINY from above...but the problems at ground level seem SO BIG most of the time.
I guess GOD'S perspective, then, is WAY broader. ^^