Sunday, October 08, 2006

Incremental Exponentialism

OK. It's a bit random, but I've had a lot of time to think lately! You know how if you leave your credit card debt unpaid it seems to grow like wildfire? Well that's incremental exponentialism, also known in financial circles as compound interest. I've started to apply the 'tortoise' rule rather than the 'hare'. Everyday, I'm hoping to add positive inputs in 'increments'. There's always time to pray for 5 hours, but everyday, I make sure I read the word and pray to God. I have a shower every morning, and put clothes on before I leave the house, so why wouldn't I commune with my Lord before I set off for the day that he has made? So everyday, I take incremental actions, sometimes towards a goal, but mostly just because I enjoy it. Actions of faith, of compassion. Sowing everyday. Just like compound interest, a lifetime of positive godly increments starts to accelerate, steepen, and in the long run, at the end of our journey, we will be shocked at where we find ourselves. Incremental exponentialism. Works for me.

No comments: