Friday, August 10, 2007

Can I Pray For You

It's the cliche of Christians. I'll pray for you. My friend from a Jewish background, Mark, told me recently that "I'll pray for you" means "I'll think about your situation when it occurs in my consciousness next time". I think Christians may be on the same tangent.

It sort of cheapens the whole expression.

On the other hand, my friend recently wrote me an email.....it was a prayer. I was deeply moved and at the same time completely inspired to do the same. Now instead of praying for the person in private to God, I get to do that, and send the prayer to the recipient through cyberspace.

They can now keep that. Documented.

I think I'm on a roll on this email prayer thing.

So the next time I say, "I'll pray for you". Wait for the email. I'm going to do what I say.

3 comments:

catherine jayne said...

Egghead! I'm glad you blogged again. As I was checking your blog I was thinking about what comment I'd leave on "Looking back, for just a moment." to remind you about your faithful readers waiting for your inspiration :)

ps:How're you enjoying having your whole family with you in the US? I'm pretty pumped you guys are living closer to my home!

Connector said...

hey hey CJ.....my small fanclub, yay! Hope life is great.

Michele Sanders said...

Today, I express these values through my coaching business. Coronary Care Majamas is yet another fantastic maternity and nursing sleepwear brand to attempt out. Nursing Home Position Saint Petersburg Fl